Following the success of last year’s conference, BLC Leather Technology Centre Ltd and International Leather Maker (ILM) are pleased to announce the date of this year’s half-day conference which will be held on Thursday, November 16, 2017 at One Great George St, Westminster, London.
With environmental sustainability still at the heart of any successful business, the theme of this year’s conference will again be focused on building a sustainable value chain for the leather industry. A key requirement for all retailers and brands is upstream supply chain transparency.
We promise an exciting line-up of international industry leading specialists, including major brands and/or retailers, tanners, leather supply chain suppliers (machinery/chemicals) and organisations presenting the most up-to-date developments across a range of topical subjects. This years event will also include a moderated panel discussion.
Online delegate registration will open soon or please email Deborah Taylor at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to learn more about sponsorship opportunities please contact Maria Wallace at: email@example.com
More information on the conference programme and speakers will be published here soon.
Who should attend?
Anyone connected with the Leather Supply Chain including brands and retailers that use or sell leather products with a focus on reducing the environmental impact of leather and leather making. The half-day conference will focus on sustainability and what leather specifiers, technical staff and buyers related to leather need to know
Confirmed speakers and anticipated presentation topics:
- Modern Slavery Act Update - speaker TBC
- Managing Human Rights and Slavery in the Footwear and apparel supply chain Chris Grayer, Next Holdings Ltd
- Full Traceability in Cattle Supply Chains, New opportunities in Brazil, Nathalie Walker, National Wildlife Federations
- Product Passport - Transparency in Chemistry, Speaker TBC, Smit & zoon
- Cleaning up the Ganges: a Public Private Partnership for the Kanpur leather cluster, Michael Costello, Stahl
- Introducing ChemMAP - a new system to verify upstream chemical formulations, Peter Gregory, Vert-Tex
ZDHC: The Implementation Experience, Frank Michel, ZDHC Foundation
- Panel discussion. Panellists TBC.
Location: One Great George Street, Westminster, London
Date: Thursday November 16, 2017 (Half day conference)
Delegate Cost: £310 + VAT or €360 plus any applicable taxes and fees.