24 August, 2018 - 26 August, 2018
28 August, 2018 - 28 August, 2018
29 August, 2018 - 31 August, 2018
30 August, 2018 -
01 September, 2018 - 03 September, 2018
Offenbach am Main, Germany
The UK Society of Leather Technologists and Chemists (SLTC) will be holding its 119th International Conference on April 23, 2016 at the University of Northampton, UK. For the first time, the SLTC will host a panel discussion focussed in chromium in leather with leading industry experts.
An important feature of the conference will be the Chromium VI discussion panel chaired by Reg Hankey, CEO, Pittards, and which will have Dr Dietrich Tegtmeyer, Lanxess; Emeritus Professor Tony Covington, ICLT, University of Northampton; John Hubbard, SATRA Technology and Dr Warren Bowden, Scottish Leather Group as the panellists. Members of the industry are encouraged to submit questions to be debated during the discussion. Email questions to email@example.com for consideration.
Other presentations at the one-day conference include:
- Proctor Memorial Lecture: From Sheep Yards to SNP Chips – the Changing face of rawstock research”, Dr Sue Cooper, New Zealand Leather & Shoe Research Association (LASRA).
- The future of vegetable tanning, Nigel Dunning & Peter Atkinson, Forestal Mimosa.
- Digital Printing onto leather, Dr Barry McGregor, Fujifilm
- A sustainable future for the leather industry, Mike Tomkin, Stahl.
- Water saving processing, Karl Flowers, ICLT, University of Northampton.
Following the conference there will be the SLTC Annual General Meeting, a cocktail reception and the annual dinner/dance at a nearby hotel in Northampton.
The SLTC was founded in 1897, when the first international conference of leather chemists was held in London and, subsequently, the International Association of Leather Trades Chemists (IALTC) was formed. The Society is the originator of the "Official Methods of Analysis", in accordance with ISO and CEN guidelines, which are regularly updated with international approval and remain the methods used to settle disputes about specifications worldwide.