16 September, 2019 - 19 September, 2019
17 September, 2019 - 19 September, 2019
19 September, 2019 - 20 September, 2019
Downtown Chicago, USA
25 September, 2019 - 27 September, 2019
01 October, 2019 - 01 October, 2019
On March 7, ILM will be hosting the next in a series of its free-to-attend leather industry webinars, where registered delegates can listen and watch from the comfort of their own offices short presentations about the latest clean technologies and chemistries to reduce the environmental load, energy and waste in leather making.
The 40-minute “Total transparency when dealing with tannery waste” webinar will be viewed by pre-registered delegates representing the whole leather supply chain. There will be a short introduction by ILM Content Director, Martin Ricker followed by three short presentations by industry specialists on subjects related to the core theme.
During his presentation, Dirick von Behr of Netherlands based leather chemical makers Smit & zoon, will give a brief update on what its recently introduced ‘Product Passport’ is about and after that he will explain more about the content terms like COD, BOD, TDS, TSS, and why insights in these data is important for tanneries and brands/retailers. His presentation will be followed by Ivan Král, Industrial Development Officer, UNIDO (United Nations Industrial Development Organisation), who will talk about the valuable work that the organisation has been involved with around the Kanpur tanning cluster in India.
The webinar will wrap-up with a short Q&A session followed by brief conclusions. The webinar will take place at 4pm CET, (3pm UK) to maximise the largest international audience.
Provisional webinar programme:
• Introduction: Martin Ricker, Content Director, ILM.
• Chemical transparency: lifting the lid - Dirick von Behr, Strategical Leather Specialist - Smit & zoon.
• Reducing the pollution load in leather making – Case study - Kanpur India: Ivan Král, Industrial Development Officer, UNIDO (United Nations Industrial Development Organisation).
• Third presenter and topic (to be confirmed).
• Q&A and conclusions – Moderated by Martin Ricker, Content Director, ILM.
Click here for free webinar delegate registration details can be found on the ILM website in the events section.