20 November, 2018 - 22 November, 2018
22 November, 2018 - 24 November, 2018
23 November, 2018 -
28 November, 2018 - 01 December, 2018
05 December, 2018 - 08 December, 2018
The Leather Working Group (LWG) are currently recruiting experienced Auditors who will be responsible for the environmental auditing of leather manufacturers.
You will be providing environmental auditing services and delivering audits using the latest LWG approved protocols for leather manufacturers in different regions of the world.
The Leather Working Group’s main objective is to create a framework for improvement in the environmental impact of tannery operations, and therefore the provision of advice, support and guidance is a key part of the audit process.
All completed audits undergo a peer review process, so that results, calculations and assumptions can be verified. This process is completed by another LWG approved auditor, and it is expected that all auditors complete the same number of peer reviews as they do audits. Auditors then submit full audit results to the client and are expected to treat all results with the utmost level of confidentiality.
The LWG are seeking applications from individuals, not companies, to be submitted for an assessment of their suitability.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
• Educated to a degree level or higher in chemistry, biology, leather technology or environmental sciences.
• A minimum of 5-10 years relevant experience in the tanning and finishing processes.
• Third-party, lead auditor qualified in environmental auditing techniques by a recognised provider (Lead Auditor qualification can be obtained, if successful, prior to the first audit).
Essential Knowledge & Skills:
• The ability to effectively communicate general and technical information, through both verbal and written methods.
• The ability to write structured and concise reports.
• An understanding of the restricted substance implications in tanneries.
• An understanding of clean technology application and water consumption management in tanneries.
• A thorough understanding of effluent treatment processes for tanneries.
• The ability to provide coaching and advice to the leather manufacturers on water and energy saving techniques for the sector.
• The ability to demonstrate that there are no conflicts of interest with tanneries undergoing audits.
Please note that audits are undertaken in tanneries all around the world, so international travel will be required. LWG Approved Auditors are independent consultants and are not directly employed by the Leather Working Group.
For more information please visit https://www.leatherworkinggroup.com/how-we-work/our-auditors to access the Auditor Terms of Reference, the Selection & Verification Process and download the Application Form. Completed application forms should be sent to Deborah at email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Friday, August 17th, 2018.