20 July, 2019 - 22 July, 2019
21 July, 2019 - 23 July, 2019
22 July, 2019 - 23 July, 2019
New York NY, U.S
22 July, 2019 - 25 July, 2019
01 August, 2019 - 03 August, 2019
Scotland headquartered leather specialist Bridge of Weir is looking for an experienced Automotive Quality Control Engineer for its facility in China. Competitive salary package.
Are you an experienced automotive Quality Control Engineer looking for a new challenge?
Would you like to work for a progressive manufacturing organisation where quality and innovation lies at the heart of everything we do? If so, then please read on...
Bridge of Weir Leather Company operates at the forefront of the leather industry and believes that sustainability must be at the heart of manufacturing. With a passion for quality not only in our products, but in our people, we bring together years of craftsmanship with innovative technology, pushing the boundaries in the creation of low carbon leather. Opportunities for growth and development lie at every corner of Bridge of Weir Leather and shape the future of our business.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced automotive Quality Engineer to lead the quality team at our partner’s facility in China whilst working closely with the Quality Team within Scotland. You will play a pivotal role within the team, ensuring that new and existing products are compliant with customer’s quality specifications.
The successful candidate will initially be expected to conduct a review of our joint quality systems, presenting & delivering a roadmap that meets our brand’s quality expectations. Thereafter they will be responsible with interfacing with all key stakeholders & delivering an effective Quality Management System in line with our Customers’ programme timelines.
We see the successful candidate adding value beyond the job description to ensure complete customer satisfaction whilst having a focus on the commercial aspect of our function and overall business.
• Managing the Quality of Bridge of Weir Leather hides & cut-parts manufactured within our partner facility in China.
• Working with our China partners & UK to align KPI reporting of quality activities & metrics.
• Adjudge internal & external risk factors (product, processes & practices)
• Management of PPAP / APQP activities & New Product Introduction.
• Ensure compliance to IATF16949 & all legal & statutory requirements pertaining to Quality.
• Will need to travel when required for the business to suppliers, customers & Bridge of Weir UK to support Quality activities / reviews.
• Effectively builds relationships with all departments and peer groups across the business, suppliers and partners to ensure a combined approach to delivering Quality Excellence.
Personal Qualities, Experiences and Qualifications:
• Experience within automotive is essential.
• Experience within leather finishing is desirable.
• Fluent written and spoken English & Mandarin essential.
• Understanding of customers’ expectations & core quality tools i.e. (APQP / PPAP / Structured Problem Solving (Global 8D) / Root Cause Analysis), FMEA.
• Commercially focused, takes ownership from concept to delivery.
• Results orientated, self-motivated with high attention to detail.
• Very effective communicator – all levels, can easily adapt style to suit any audience.
• Formal qualification in Quality or Leather Technology would be advantageous.
• 6 Sigma Greenbelt practitioner & Lead IATF 16949 Auditor would be desirable.
If you wish to be considered for this role, please email you CV and covering letter to email@example.com