Craft The Leather is a training project for students from seven of the most prestigious international fashion and design schools across Europe, aimed at promoting Tuscan made vegetable-tanned leather.
Seven students and teachers will take part in this year’s edition of the event, from the following schools:
- Amsterdam University, Amsterdam – The Netherlands
- Central Saint Martins, London – United Kingdom
- Design School Kolding, Kolding – Denmark
- ISIA Design, Florence – Italy
- NABA Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti, Milan – Italy
- Reneé Van Den Berg Academy, Hoofdoorp – The Netherlands
- Royal College of Art, London – United Kingdom.
The students will attend a training workshop in San Miniato from June 28 to July 4, 2022 and take part in a designers’ contest with workpieces made of Tuscan vegetable-tanned leather at the Lineapelle fair in Milan September 20-22.
A statement from the organisation said: “They will come into contact with various kinds of vegetable-tanned leather, experiencing the production practices and the design creative process, and will select materials in the tanneries to be used for the final phase of the project: concept and production of a mini-collection of fashion accessories.”