This event is now over. A link to the on-demand video has been sent to all attendees.
A half-day hybrid conference featuring a live in-person event and a virtual conference for those that cannot attend in-person.
After an absence of two years, APLF will take place from March 30 to April 1, 2022, at the Dubai World Trade Centre. It will be the first time that the event has taken place outside of Hong Kong and Dubai represents a unique opportunity for the global industry to come together in a safe environment.
To mark the return of the most international trade fair in the global leather industry, ILM has partnered with show organisers APLF Ltd to present a conference focused on some of the mega-trends sweeping across the industry in a post-pandemic and post-COP26 marketplace.
In light of the pandemic, this conference will be available to view online and will be broadcast around the same time as the live event. It will not be a simultaneous live feed.
Presenter programme and topics (Dubai local timings):
- 12.30 – 13.10 Registration.
- 13.10 – 13.15 Martin Ricker, Content Director, International Leather Maker (ILM).
Welcome & Introduction
- 13.15 – 13.45 Debbie Burton, Board Member, Leather Naturally.
Exploring consumer attitudes and understanding about leather.
- 13.45 – 14.15 Deborah Taylor, Managing Director of the Sustainable Leather Foundation & Mauricio Bauer, Senior Director – Beef and Leather Supply Chains, WWF U.S.
Deforestation: A Solutions Driven Approach.
- 14.15 – 14.45 Michael Søndergaard, CEO, Scan-Hide & Birgitte Langer, Business Development Director, Spoor.
- 14.45 – 15.00 Michael Schumpp, Associate Director, International Programs, Leather and Hide Council of America.
Real Leather. Stay Different Campaign and International Student Design Competition update.
- 15.00 – 15.30 Coffee break and networking.
- 15.30 – 16.00 Gustavo Adrián Defeo – FSLTC, CEO, Ars Tinctoria.
Radio-carbon as a measure of quantification of the circularity of materials.
- 16.00 – 16.30 Kim Sena, Sustainability Manager, JBS Couros & Federico Brugnoli, CEO, Spin360.
Science-based environmental footprint reduction strategies.
- 16.30 – 17.00 Florian Schrey, Account Director Brands & OEMs, Royal Smit & Zoon.
Enabling positive changes in leather.
- 17.00 – Wrap-up.
All presentations will be in English only.
Date: Tuesday, March 29 (pm) (the day before the start of APLF Dubai)
Time: 12:30pm registration with a coffee/networking break and ending around 5:30pm
Venue: Dubai World Trade Centre (Abu Dhabi Room B)
Delegate fee: US$200 per person + VAT/booking fee* (*if applicable).
Who should attend?
The conference is aimed at anyone connected to the global leather supply chain, including tanners, brands/retailers, product manufacturers, OEMs, traders and consultants, trade associations, chemical and machinery/equipment suppliers and academia.