This event is now over. A link to the on-demand video has been sent to all attendees.
Following on from a successful event last year, ILM will once again be hosting a Digital Automotive Leather Supply Chain Forum on December 16, 2021, bringing together leading names from the global automotive leather supply chain to discuss the current state of the sector, key challenges, market trends and the role of leather, as well as give an outlook on the future of the industry.
The global pandemic has thrown up a raft of new challenges for the global car industry and the automotive leather supply chain, affecting every aspect from consumer demand and production volumes to raw material and component sourcing. OEMs are also looking at a range of other materials for their new generation of electrified vehicles and the leather industry has to highlight how it is addressing mega-trends such as animal welfare, traceability and lowering its environmental footprint.
ILM is therefore hosting a unique virtual forum which brings together key players from across the automotive leather supply chain to shed light on the key developments and short to long-term scenarios that will shape the sector over the coming months and years.
The ILM Automotive Leather Supply Chain Digital Forum is a 2.5-hour online event hosting high-calibre industry speakers, as well as a number of interactive features such as Q&As and a panel discussion.
Confirmed speaker line-up:
- Giacomo Rossi, Senior Consultant – Mobility Europe, Frost & Sullivan. “Analysing the sustainability impact on the leather industry value chain and monitoring the impacts of automotive industry mega-trends”.
- Mauricio Bauer, Senior Director, Beef & Leather Supply Chains Markets, World Wildlife Fund. “Supporting action on deforestation free leather for the automotive sector – Challenges & opportunities.”
- Christina Trautmann, Programme Manager, Leather Working Group, “How the LWG is driving improvement across the leather supply chain.”
- Dr Harald Bauer, Global Technical Director Leather Chemicals and Alexander Schieke, Global Market Manager Automotive Stahl. “Stahl Ympact – renewable carbon based portfolio – as a cornerstone for sustainable automotive leather”.
- Dr Michael Meyer, Scientific Director, FILK. “Leather and its substitutes – A comparison of animal based materials and animal-free alternatives.”
- Dr Warren Bowden, Sustainability and Innovation Director at Scottish Leather Group: “JLR partnership in world-first trial with blockchain technology for leather supply chain traceability.”
Q&A and discussion
What can be done to persuade car brands that leather is really the sustainable material of the future for next generation interiors?
Hosted and moderated by ILM, the event is aimed at the entire automotive leather supply chain, including tanners, OEMs, Tier 1 suppliers, raw materials, chemicals and equipment suppliers. Thanks to its digital format, the event will have global reach, connecting key industry players and providing invaluable perspectives and insights on the market.
All presentations will be held in English only.
Date: December 16, 2021
Time: 2.30pm CET (1:30pm GMT)
Delegate Price: €80, plus any applicable taxes and fees*
*UK and EU delegates may be subject to VAT.
For multiple delegate bookings, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.