This event is now over. A recording has been sent to all attendees.
ILM Automotive Leather Supply Chain Digital Forum
In an industry first, ILM will be hosting a Digital Automotive Leather Supply Chain Forum on December 9, 2020, bringing together leading names from the global automotive leather supply chain to discuss the current state of the sector, key challenges, market trends and the role of leather, as well as give an outlook on the future of the industry amid the Coronavirus pandemic.
The global pandemic has thrown up a raft of new challenges on the global car industry and with that the automotive leather supply chain, affecting every aspect from consumer demand and production volumes to raw material and component sourcing.
ILM is therefore launching a unique virtual forum which aims to bring together key players from across the automotive leather supply chain to shed light on the key developments and short to long-term scenarios that will shape the sector over the coming months.
The ‘ILM Digital Automotive Leather Supply Chain Forum’ will be a 2.5 hour online event hosting high-calibre industry speakers, as well as a number of interactive features such as Q&As, a panel discussion, live polls and virtual networking.
Confirmed speaker line-up to date:
- Jo Lewis, Colour & Materials Design Manager, McLaren, “Hell for Leather”
- Giacomo Rossi, Senior Consultant – Mobility Europe, Frost Sullivan, “Covid-19 growth impact assessment for the automotive industry and implications for leather applications”
- Steve Jeske, Vice President Marketing & Business Development, GST AutoLeather, “Consumer attitudes to leather / Nielsen Study”
- Otis Ingrams, Leather Artisan who recently cooperated with Lexus / Toyota, TBC
- Dr Peter Thoma, Development – Leather Auxiliaries Division, Zschimmer & Schwarz, “Leather a sustainable product – How to improve it with sustainable chemistry”
- Hans van Haarst, CEO, Smit & Zoon, TBC
- Mark Bartle, Leather Chemicals Technician, Automotive Leather, Stahl, “Light-weighting product innovation for automotive leather – latest developments”
Key topics covered during the event will include:
- Growth projections, opportunities and key automotive trends affecting auto leather stakeholders (e.g. new demands on hygiene and sanitation / changing mobility trends such as CASE in light of Covid-19).
- How consumers perceive leather as a sustainable and desirable interior component compared with other materials.
- OEM case study – Artisanal craftsmanship and leather to create unique leather car interiors.
- The use of new innovative low impact leather chemicals and bio-based chemicals from renewable carbon sources in modern automotive leather.
- How to make automotive leather more sustainable with lower environmental footprint and end-of-life impact.
Q&A and discussion
What impact has Covid-19 had on the automotive leather supply chain and how will it look in the future?
Hosted and moderated by ILM, the event is aimed at the entire automotive leather supply chain, including tanners, OEMs, Tier 1 suppliers, raw materials, chemicals and equipment suppliers. Thanks to its digital format, the event will have global reach, connecting key industry players and providing invaluable perspectives and insights on the market.
All presentations will be held in English only.
Date: December 9, 2020
Time: 1.30pm GMT
Delegate Price: €75, plus any applicable taxes and fees*
*UK and EU delegates may be subject to VAT.
For multiple delegate bookings, please contact: email@example.com
Organised and moderated by
Covid-19 growth impact assessment for the automotive industry and implications for leather applications