During her presentation, Burton will discuss how consumers are being encouraged to make better choices in order to protect the planet and why it is important to have an understanding of their attitudes to leather in order to have the right conversations about how it fits that narrative.
About Debbie Burton
Burton has a background in the sports and outdoor markets and joined Pittards in the 1990s to launch the company’s active footwear technology. Since then, she has also worked in product development and international marketing for Clarks and Timberland before rejoining Pittards in 2012, where she now heads up marketing across its leather and finished product divisions.
Burton also sits on the Management Board for industry body Leather Naturally, working as part of the team to shape its consumer communications, website and content.
Get your ticket
‘Future trends in a post-Covid leather industry’ will be a half-day hybrid conference featuring a live in-person event at the Dubai World Trade Centre on March 29, the day before APLF Dubai begins. For those who cannot attend in person, a virtual conference will be available to view online and will be broadcast around the same time as the live event. It will not be a simultaneous live feed.
Head to the registration page to get your ticket today.
Presentation topics may include:
- New traceability and transparency methods in the leather supply chain
- The switch to bio-based chemicals and chemicals from renewable carbon sources
- The latest advances in biodegradable leather and leather product technologies
- Best practice in animal welfare and reducing the link to deforestation
- New advances to reduce the carbon footprint of leather
- Leather’s place in future fashion industry trends
- Transforming the image of leather and consumer attitudes to leather
- Advances in automation and AI in leathermaking.
The full speaker line-up and topics will be announced over the coming weeks and all presentations will be in English only.
When is the conference?
Date: Tuesday, March 29 (the day before the start of APLF Dubai)
Time: 12:30pm registration with a coffee/networking break and ending around 5:30pm
Venue: Dubai World Trade Centre
Delegate fee: US$200 per person + VAT/booking fee* (*if applicable).
Click here to register to attend (live or online).
Who should attend?
The conference is aimed at anyone connected to the global leather supply chain, including tanners, brands/retailers, product manufacturers, OEMs, traders and consultants, trade associations, chemical and machinery/equipment suppliers and academia.