LEATHER TECHNICIAN – RE-TANNING DEPARTMENT
LEATHER TECHNICIAN – FINISHING DEPARTMENT
We represent one of the leading East African leather factories producing high quality cow/goat/sheep crust & finished leather for the international, shoe and leather goods industries with 800+ employees.
The leather factories have a market-leading international reputation that they pride themselves ranging from consistent delivery of high-quality goods in a timely manner to being a market leader for environmental, social and governance strategies. Any candidate will be expected to add and improve the market reputation whilst integrating and strengthening the company culture.
Candidates for each role will be expected, based on their experience, to be highly analytical in order to improve and develop working methods, quality controls and dye matching systems.
The working environment will present exciting challenges to the candidates, which will require close co-operation with the production team to ensure accountability for delivery of high-quality consistent products that meet buyers’ expectations and standards.
Minimum required experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to work with other departments
- Goal and deadline-oriented mindset to ensure delivery of required tasks/outputs ahead of or on-time
- Knowledge on preparing and providing data systems to undertake the latest industry audits
- Proven ability to improve production efficiencies in the respective department.
The role requires certain characteristics and qualities that must be a fundamental requirement for any candidate to have a successful application. These include but are not limited to:
- Self-motivation and a desire to be proactive
- Initiative to suggest product improvements and or cost reduction
- Development of new articles as required by the market
- Organising production schedules to ensure timely delivery of planned products
- Problem solving mentality with a capacity of analysing problems and providing solutions
- Promoting effective teamwork and good communication skills
- Open to feedback and constructive criticism.
- Spoken and written English
- Friendly manners and a team player
- Emotional stability
- Good hygiene.
Interested candidates should send a CV and covering letter with salary expectations to Pauline at email@example.com.