The show will be focused on the 2024 Summer season, hosting 1,151 exhibitors from 42 countries in a show area of 42,000 sq m.

Organisers noted that 61.5% of the exhibitors will be from Italy while the remaining 38.5% are from across the world, and will include 541 tanneries, 396 accessories/components manufacturers, 164 fabrics and synthetics businesses as well as 50 companies from other sectors.

In a statement, organisers said: “Lineapelle 101 arrives in an economic phase that retains the uncertainties and complexities, particularly evident in the second half of 2022. The questions due to the problematic situation in China are matched by the substantial solidity of the other markets in the Far East, which show significant interest in Italian-made materials and products.

“The European market does not show particular brilliance. At the same time, the United States, as witnessed by the outcome of Lineapelle New York, remains a fundamental destination for Italian leather, despite some indications pointing to the possibility of a slowdown. In general, as far as production is concerned, 2022 ended with declining volumes, and 2023 did not get off to a better start, but the feeling, however, is that from spring onwards, the slope could be reversed.”

Lineapelle 101 will feature the return of the Amici per la Pelle competition from UNIC, the Italian tanners’ association. This will involve more than 1,000 middle school students from Italian tanning districts, invited to use leather to interpret the theme of “Leather in Our Life – New Uses of Leather in Everyday Life”.

The students’ works will then be exhibited and voted on at the fair and online. The award ceremony for the winning classes will take place at the show on Thursday, February 23, in the presence of all the students who took part in the initiative. Alongside this, the trade fair will host an in-depth seminar on traceability, transparency and circularity in the leather supply chain with the World Wildlife Fund, Tapestry, SDA Bocconi, Cotance, ICEC and Al Invest Verde.

Additionally, visitors can see the new edition of Mipel Lab, an exhibition organised by Assopellettieri and reserved for the top ten Italian leather outsourcing companies. Meanwhile, Lineapelle 101 will debut the United Nations programme The Ethical Fashion Initiative, which aims to bring together international development, creative industries and the fashion and lifestyle sector, offering services, products and development projects for sustainability.