18 October, 2019 - 18 October, 2019
19 October, 2019 - 23 October, 2019
High Point, North Carolina, U.S.
23 October, 2019 - 25 October, 2019
29 October, 2019 - 31 October, 2019
Buenos Aires, Argentina
31 October, 2019 - 02 November, 2019
After an extensive research programme, the Roundtable on Sustainable Livestock (GTPS) have published a document entitled “White Paper on mechanisms for control and mitigation of deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon Biome”.
The paper has been commissioned to provide information relating to the actions taking place in Brazil focused on the reduction of deforestation in the Amazon and towards increased efficiency in livestock farming.
The Brazilian Tanners’ Association, the Centre for the Brazilian Tanning Industry (CICB) is a member of GTPS, which consists of representatives that make up the value chain of cattle production in Brazil.
By following the creation of numerous framework conditions, GTPS has an aim and commitment towards a zero net deforestation target. Under current Brazilian legislation, which is one of the most restrictive in the world, legal deforestation levels in the Amazon Biome for economic purpose are allowed up to 20%. The remaining 80% are the owner’s responsibility.
GTPS believes that a better control of deforestation and an increased incentive of livestock’s efficiency are crucial for the achievement of a zero deforestation goal.comments powered by Disqus