Following the success of last year’s conference, BLC Leather Technology Centre Ltd and International Leather Maker (ILM) are pleased to announce the date of this year’s half-day conference which will be held on Thursday, November 16, 2017 at One Great George St, Westminster, London.
With environmental sustainability still at the heart of any successful business, the theme of this year’s conference will again be focused on building a sustainable value chain for the leather industry. A key requirement for all retailers and brands is upstream supply chain transparency.
There is an exciting line-up of international industry leading specialists, including major brands and/or retailers, leather supply chain suppliers (chemicals) and organisations presenting the most up-to-date developments across a range of topical subjects. This years event will also include a moderated panel discussion.
Online delegate registration is now open so please email Deborah Taylor at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to learn more about sponsorship opportunities please contact Maria Wallace at: email@example.com
Who should attend?
Anyone connected with the Leather Supply Chain including brands and retailers that use or sell leather products with a focus on reducing the environmental impact of leather and leather making. The half-day conference will focus on sustainability and what leather specifiers, technical staff and buyers related to leather need to know.
Confirmed speakers, timings and presentation topics:
- 12.15-12.45. Registration/coffee.
- 12.45. Opening remarks.
- 13.00. NEXT on Modern Slavery - The importance of transparency, Chris Grayer, NEXT Holdings Ltd.
- 13.30. Modern Slavery Act - What it means and how it affects the industry. Michelle Linderman, Crowell & Moring.
- 14.00. Full Traceability in Cattle Supply Chains, New opportunities in Brazil, Simon Hall, National Wildlife Federation.
- 14.30. Product Passport - Transparency in Chemistry, Pim Wilgenburg, Smit & zoon.
- 15.00. Coffee break
- 15.30. Cleaning up the Ganges: a Public Private Partnership for the Kanpur leather cluster, Michael Costello, Stahl.
- 16.00. ZDHC: The Implementation Experience, Frank Michel, ZDHC Foundation
- 16.30. Introducing ChemMAP - a new system to verify upstream chemical formulations, Peter Gregory, Vert-Tex.
17.00-17.30. Panel discussion - 'Sustainability, the big picture': Panelists.
- Dr Jürgen Christner, Global Head of Research, Product Safety and Quality, TFL Ledertechnik.
- Phil Townsend, Sustainable raw materials specialist, Marks & Spencer.
- Hugues Pichon, Project Director, LVMH.
- Tara Luckman, REACH Compliance, ASOS.
- Michelle Linderman, World Trade Lawyer, Crowell & Moring.
Location: One Great George Street, Westminster, London SW1P 3AA.
Date: Thursday November 16, 2017 (Half day conference)