15 October, 2019 - 17 October, 2019
16 October, 2019 - 17 October, 2019
18 October, 2019 - 18 October, 2019
19 October, 2019 - 23 October, 2019
High Point, North Carolina, U.S.
23 October, 2019 - 25 October, 2019
The modernisation of the central warehouse and storage facilities in TFL France has been successfully completed. With a surface area of 8,400 m2, spaces for approximately 8,650 pallet spaces and 13 loading docks for lorries and sea containers; approximately 50% of TFL Group sales volumes pass through this central logistic hub, situated in the town of Huningue near the Swiss/German/French border.
The renovated hub is the global consolidation point for leather chemicals which are replenished from all TFL production points around the globe; the entire TFL product range is available from this consolidation hub - the new structure allows more flexibility for customised short-term deliveries within Europe as well as multiple product range deliveries all over the world.
All physical transactions in the whole process chain are registered in SAP by barcode scanning, allowing a paper-free warehouse for wireless scanning, label printing and dock management, ensuring smooth and efficient operations.
Latest safety standards:
- 13 new loading docks with safety doors have been installed
- The old asbestos containing roof has been replaced by insulated roof shields to allow more daylight
- The new storage rack system offers higher safety standards and optimised space efficiency of 10%-15%
- A new sprinkler installation to the latest standards
- A new heating system has been installed, supported by a controlled air circulation.
The investment in the new central warehouse offers an efficient and lean delivery to enable TFL to guarantee high standards and good delivery service both within Europe and beyond.