15 June, 2019 - 18 June, 2019
Riva del Garda (Tn), Italy
17 June, 2019 -
17 June, 2019 - 21 June, 2019
25 June, 2019 - 28 June, 2019
27 June, 2019 - 28 June, 2019
Scotland headquartered leather specialist, Bridge of Weir, is looking for an experienced automotive leather technologist to lead the finishing technical team at its new facility in China. Competitive salary package.
You will play a pivotal role within the team ensuring that new and existing products are technically compliant in line with customer specifications. Bridge of Weir sees the successful candidate adding value beyond the job description to ensure complete customer satisfaction whilst having a focus on the commercial aspect of our function and overall business.
- Transfer and development of products, both new developments and existing products at our partner facility in China.
- Ensuring all processing is carried out in a prescribed and consistent manner and that customer requirements are met and exceeded.
- Working with technical team and partner to alleviate any product or processing issues.
- Supporting the business and team to deliver projects within agreed deadlines and cost.
- Full responsibility for the efficient and effective use of chemicals and materials during processing.
- Ensuring all critical meetings are attended (supplier, customer or internal) and followed up with relevant reports.
- Effectively builds relationships with all departments and peer group across the business, suppliers and partner to ensure a combined approach to delivering excellence.
Personal Qualities, Experiences and Qualifications:
- Experience within automotive leather finishing is essential
- Fluent written and spoken English is essential; Mandarin would be advantageous.
- Understanding of automotive customers expectations for quality and approval systems.
- Commercially focused, takes ownership from concept to delivery.
- Results orientated with high attention to detail.
- Very effective communicator – all levels, can easily adapt style to suit any audience.
- Self-motivated, uses initiative.
- Previous experience of living within China/Asia would be advantageous.
If you wish to be considered for this role, please email you CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org