21 August, 2020 - 23 August, 2020
25 August, 2020 - 27 August, 2020
Sao Paulo, Brazil
30 August, 2020 - 03 September, 2020
01 September, 2020 - 01 November, 2020
09 September, 2020 - 11 September, 2020
Successful applicants will be expected to offer significant contributions to teaching within the Institute for Creative Leather Technologies (ICLT). Key roles within teaching include the planning, delivery and assessment of teaching and learning to students. In this case the role holder will be expected to teach both the theory and practical elements of leather finishing, at both undergraduate and post graduate levels.
Ideally, applicants should have a degree qualification in a related subject. A Masters qualification or equivalent would also be desirable. Appointment on the Lecturer/Senior Lecturer scale will depend on experience and achievement, and the application of that experience within the duties and responsibilities appropriate to the grade (outlined below).
The person will need to be engaging and have the relevant knowledge to impart both the theoretical and practical components of this process step to students within both a technical and creative environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan and deliver teaching and learning for students using media appropriate to the mode of delivery, including the use of IT. Undertake necessary assessment activities. Provide guidance and support to students through personal tutorials and dissertation supervision.
• Undertake other professional activities as appropriate to the grade of appointment and plans and priorities of the Faculty, e.g. module management, curriculum development, market development, student recruitment, and attendance at open days.
• Make a key contribution to ICLT in the establishment and conduct of outward facing activities, including business development and promotional activity plus development and teaching of short courses.
• Contribute to the development of the research profile of ICLT through engagement in student project work and dissertations and/or other outcomes appropriate to the discipline area.
• Contribute to the development and achievement of quality standards and criteria and support the growth of Leather Finishing as a subject, contributing to the achievement of the Institute strategic objectives.
• Work effectively with colleagues at all levels and contribute to the achievement of team objectives. Develop collaborative relationships across teams and between Faculties.
• Carry out administrative duties and responsibilities required for effective programme maintenance and development, liaising effectively with Institute and University support staff.
• Engage in staff development activities relating to teaching, learning and assessment and other aspects of the role.
Generic Duties and Responsibilities
• The post holder will be expected to undertake other responsibilities and tasks as reasonably requested by the Institute Director.
• The post holder will be responsible and accountable for ensuring all employment legislative requirements are adhered to including equality and diversity and health and safety issues.
• The job description may be altered at any time in the future in line with the level of the post to meet changing institutional requirements, but only in full consultation with the post holder.
Click here for a full job description and person specification and to apply directly online. The closing date for applications is June 23, 2019.