27 January, 2020 - 29 January, 2020
29 January, 2020 - 30 January, 2020
New York NY, U.S
01 February, 2020 - 03 February, 2020
04 February, 2020 - 07 February, 2020
Las Vegas, U.S.
04 February, 2020 - 06 February, 2020
The Leather Working Group are currently recruiting for experienced Auditors who will be responsible for the environmental auditing of leather manufacturers.
You will be providing environmental auditing services and delivering environmental stewardship audits using the latest LWG approved audit protocols for leather manufacturers in different regions of the world.
The Leather Working Group’s main objective is to create a framework for improvement in the environmental impact of tannery operations, and therefore the provision of advice, support and guidance is a key part of the audit process.
All completed audits undergo a robust peer review process, so that results, calculations and assumptions can be verified. This process is completed by another LWG approved auditor, and it is expected that all auditors complete the same number of peer reviews as they do audits. Auditors then submit full audit results to the client, and are expected to treat all results with the utmost level of confidentiality.
The LWG are looking for applications from individuals, not companies, to be submitted to the Executive Committee and Technical Sub-Group for an assessment of their suitability.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
• Educated to a degree level or higher in chemistry, biology, leather technology or environmental sciences.
• A minimum of 5 – 10 years of relevant experience in the tanning and finishing process.
• Third party, lead auditor qualified in environmental auditing techniques by a recognised provider (Lead Auditor qualification can be obtained, if successful, prior to the first audit).
• The ability to effectively communicate general and technical information, through both verbal and written methods.
• The ability to write structured and concise reports.
• An understanding of the restricted substance implications in tanneries.
• An understanding of clean technology application and water consumption management in tanneries.
• The ability to provide coaching and advice to the leather manufacturers on water and energy saving techniques for the sector.
• The ability to demonstrate that there are no conflicts of interest with tanneries undertaking audits.
Please note that audits are undertaken in tanneries all around the world, so international travel will be required. Preference will be given to candidates who speak fluent Chinese or Italian although applications are welcome from anyone who meets the eligibility criteria above.
LWG Approved Auditors are independent consultants and are not directly employed by the Leather Working Group.
To apply, please visit: https://www.leatherworkinggroup.com/how-we-work/our-auditors to download the application form and learn more about the selection and verification process. Completed applications should be sent to Terrie at email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Friday, November 29th, 2019.