15 January, 2022 - 18 January, 2022
Riva del Garda, Italy
20 January, 2022 - 22 January, 2022
25 January, 2022 - 26 January, 2022
Porto Alegre, Brazil
26 January, 2022 - 27 January, 2022
New York, U.S.
07 February, 2022 - 09 February, 2022
The Italian designer died a few days after being admitted to a hospital in Emilia-Romagna, northern Italy.
It is thought that Sergio Rossi could have died of COVID-19 at the age of 84. Born in 1935, he learned the craft of shoemaking from his father before and began selling his designs in shops in Bologna in 1966 before launching his own label in 1968. In 1999, he sold 70% of his company to the Gucci Group, now known as Kering, and remained Chairman and Director of Design. In 2005, Kering acquired the remaining 30% stake before selling the label to European investment house Investindustrial in 2015.
“Today everyone at Sergio Rossi joins me in remembering our dear Sergio, the inspiring founder of our dream. Sergio Rossi was a master, and it is my great honour to have met him and gotten to present him the archive earlier this year. His vision and approach will remain our guide in the growth of the brand and the business”, said Riccardo Sciutto, CEO, Sergio Rossi Group. “Our long and glorious history started from his incredible vision and we’ll remember his creativity forever.”
Sergio Rossi also designed shoes for other luxury brands such as Gucci and Versace.