30 June, 2021 - 01 July, 2021
05 July, 2021 - 08 July, 2021
06 July, 2021 - 08 July, 2021
10 July, 2021 - 12 July, 2021
14 July, 2021 - 16 July, 2021
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. For our operations in Gaborone/Botswana, we are looking for an Advisor (m/f/d) Regional Leather Value Chains promotion.
Field of activity
The programme “Cooperation for the Enhancement of Southern African Development Community (SADC) Regional Economic Integration” (CESARE) supports SADC in economic development as well as good governance. Its main cooperation partner is the SADC secretariat in Gaborone, Botswana. One of the four measures of CESARE is composed by the Joint Action “Support towards Industrialisation and the Productive Sectors (SIPS) in the SADC region”. GIZ is responsible for the implementation of two result areas of SIPS: (1) to enhance the private sector participation in the regional Anti-Retroviral Value Chain as well as the regional Covid-19-relevant Medical and Pharmaceutical Products Value Chains and (2) to enhance private sector participation in the regional Leather Value Chain (VC). This position is situated within SIPS and focusses on promoting local private sector participation in the regional Leather VC.
• Responsible for implementation of the Regional Leather VC activities of the programme
• Continue preparation of an in-depth analysis of development opportunities, the intervention strategy and the operational plan within the Regional Leather VC
• Cooperate intensively with the private sector to understand and overcome binding constraints to growth
• Organise the provision of training for Medium Sized Enterprises in the SADC region on subjects such as management, marketing, new production technologies, reducing environmental footprints etc.
• Generate relevant business contacts and linkages through cooperation with business associations
• Interact with the SADC Secretariat and with the governments of the member states concerned
• Support the SIPS project executive manager in planning, managing and monitoring the Regional Leather VC and the SIPS measure and preparing high quality reporting
• Technical management of staff within the VC
• University degree in leather technology, leather science, relevant agricultural studies, development studies, economics or equivalent
• Advanced university technical training in leather processing/tanning or value-chain development is a strong asset
• Proven working experience in project management, ideally in managing leather quality assurance processes, technological upgrading processes or market access and commercialisation processes
• In-depth knowledge of institutions, organisation, actors, processes and mechanisms in the leather sector, including national, regional and international regulatory agencies etc. is a strong asset
• Working experience within the leather industry or the related logistic, procurement or supply chains field is a strong asset
• Ideally, an established track record in representing the industry through association work and in interaction with the public sector
• Working experience with GIZ or other development organisations especially in private sector development or leather technology is an asset
• Fluency in English; French, Portuguese or German language skills are an asset
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 06/16/2021.
For further information click here.
You can find this job under the Job-ID P1533V6336.