Towards a circular leather value chain
In our current economy, we take resources from the Earth, make products from them and eventually throw most of these products away as waste. With the production of fashion items, footwear and car interiors, we should aim to use (and reuse) products as long as possible and reduce waste to a minimum. Material sourcing plays a vital role in this matter.
How can we, as chemical companies, tanneries, brands and consumers, take the next steps towards circularity? And what role does leather play in a circular economy in the footwear, fashion and automotive industry?
Free Webinar on December 7 at 3pm CET
Join the discussion on December 7 and register for the online masterclass about Circularity in Leather: Insights for the Fashion, Footwear & Automotive industry. The masterclass is a collaboration between Nera Tanning, part of Royal Smit & Zoon and the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute.
- What is meant by “circular”?
- How can the Cradle to Cradle Certified® Products Program help us accelerate circularity in business models, product design and manufacturing and support brands?
- What about the circularity of leather, compared to alternative materials?
- What technologies are available for recycling leather?
- How to reduce the industry’s footprint by replacing fossil-based materials by biobased alternatives?
- Circularity put in practice: examples in the fashion & footwear industry.
You have the opportunity to send in your questions when registering.
The masterclass is for everybody who wants to learn about circularity. Specifically, this masterclass is very valuable for brands, designers, tanneries, leather technicians, manufacturers and OEMs.
Registration is free of charge. Register here.
This article is an advertorial provided by Royal Smit & Zoon.