The event was cancelled in 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic and, in 2021, the 9th edition took place in an entirely digital format despite plans for a hybrid event.
The freshly renovated Chemnitz Congress Centre offers a modern infrastructure and, above all, space. The organisers said that the joint dinner should also finally be possible again this year.
For all those who prefer not to travel or cannot be on site for other reasons, online participation will be possible and a professional event platform will bring both worlds together and create opportunities for both groups of participants to meet.
The call for papers remains open until March 28, 2022 and the organisers are inviting experts, researchers and professionals to contribute actively to the technical content in the following fields:
- New/alternative technologies for leather production
- News from characterisation and analytics
- Use of sustainable raw materials in the tannery
- Innovative processing technologies
- Automation and mechanical engineering
- New trends from the user industries
- Craft tanneries in the age of Industry 4.0.
For more information, registration and presentation submission, please visit www.filkfreiberg.de.