About the role:
Being part of the overall technical team, as a Leather Technologist for finishing processes you will play a key role in the development of new products/processes and chemistry for strategic targets, meeting time and price expectations and exceeding customer expectations. You will display safety first, “best in class” technical expertise, engaging with cross functional teams, helping with an environment that supports the exploration of continuous improvement that ensures we meet our manufacturing and sustainability ambitions.
Coupled with supporting a strong people first technical culture, success will require close collaboration with Innovations team, Operations, Sales, Account Management and Commercial Teams. You will also assist in providing when and where necessary technical expertise to support the pursuit of innovative and profitable new business.
- Ensure new products meet full specifications and can be produced to a consistent quality before assisting with implementation/operations teams for full scale production.
- Deliver all projects in agreed time scales to the correct standard and within time scales.
- With guidance of the product development manager, and following company customer target strategy, develop platform of products required to gain appropriate approvals, consistent and ready for transfer into operations environment.
- Coupled with the control, Implement and improvement team, seek opportunities through clearly outlined projects to improve production capabilities which drive down the cost of production i.e. chemical use, process reduction etc.
- When appropriate, partner with the Innovation and operations/implementation teams on new products, ensuring knowledge and process transfer is achieved during product development handover and launch.
- Support and provide technical and leather knowledge to support various areas within the company as and when required.
- Anticipate, identify and resolve technical issues that pose a risk to safety, quality, performance or profit.
- Support the Product development and Control, implementation and improvement managers, Sales and Account Management Teams with Customer interactions during sales cycles and product issues.
- Be part of the strategic plan process and deliver on the longer-term product development goals.
- Complete all required reporting within established timeframe, present information in a concise manner.
- Flexibility to travel in the UK and abroad between manufacturing, customer and supplier sites when required.
- BSc in leather technology or associated leather qualification.
- Desired minimum of 5 years’ experience working within product development and or other related technical disciplines.
- Excellent all-round technical knowledge, however, key skill requirement in finishing, equipment and process requirements.
- Good communicator at all levels, both written and verbal.
- Has ability to build strong relationships with suppliers.
- Knowledge of health, safety, and environmental requirements.
- Understands company strategy regarding targets and expectations.
- Demonstrable influencing skills at peer level resulting in excellent cross functional working practices.
- Program and project management skills.
Key competencies required:
Develop Yourself: Invests in Personal Development. Is self-aware and authentic. Is open to feedback.
Drives for results: Delivers against targets in a way which is fast, agile and in line with our company values.
Communication: Clear, concise, consistent, and relevant for individual situations and understands, manages, and clarifies expectations.
Commercial awareness: Understanding what makes our business successful and being conscious of internal and external developments.
Attention to detail: Your work is complete and accurate.
Problem solving: Recognises where problems may arise and suggests preventative measures.
Teamwork: Actively develop and maintain beneficial relationships and contribute towards a common goal.
Being organised: Achieve results by prioritising workload, effective time management and showing efficiency with resources available and monitoring progress.
- Product Development Manager
- Innovation Manager
- Process Development Managers
- Operations Teams
- Quality Team
Candidates should send their applications to email@example.com, along with any salary expectations. Closing date for applications: Friday, January 7th, 2022.