The 10th edition of the publication for the company, the 2022 report has a key focus in Stahl’s ESG Roadmap to 2030, a list of ESG-related commitments and targets aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Highlights of the report include:
- Stahl’s steps to strengthen its non-financial reporting, including preliminary efforts to address the requirements of the upcoming Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD) in the EU
- A 3% year-on-year reduction in Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in 2022, following a decrease of more than 30% since 2015
- Stahl’s new Scope 3 target, submitted to the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi), in which the company aims to reducing its upstream emissions by at least 25% by 2030 (from a 2021 baseline)
- Achieving an EcoVadis Platinum rating in 2022, surpassing its goal of a Gold rating by 2023
- Ensuring all of its EcoVadis-rated suppliers (currently 83% of its total raw material spend) achieve a minimum rating of 47/100 by 2030.
Stahl CEO Maarten Heijbroek said: “2022 was my first full year as CEO, and I am proud to say that it was a year of progress, as we continued to build momentum toward the goals set out in our ESG Roadmap to 2030.
“It was a year of significant milestones, including the announcement of our new Scope 3 greenhouse gas emissions target and our EcoVadis Platinum rating, to name a few. While we still have a long way to go to become the responsible organisation we aspire to be, each year we touch more lives, as we work with our partners to create a better world.”
You can find the full 2022 ESG report on Stahl’s website.