- A full report from the Drive Sustainability initiative in the automotive industry and the potential impact it could have on the automotive leather supply segment. It is a wake-up call for the industry.
- A short review of how UK retailers, Next Plc dealt with and has adapted to the effect of modern slavery in its supply chain and the importance of transparency. Part of a review of the Leather and Sustainability in Retail conference.
- A full leather industry market report from Argentina. The tanning industry is at a crossroads.
- The U.S. based NGO, National Wildlife Federation looks at the effect of the cattle industry in Brazil and deforestation.
- Mike Redwood in his regular Column, looks at the world of zero marginal cost and the potential consequences for the leather industry.
- An interview with Stahl and NGO Solidaridad related to the recent launch of the “Clean-up the Ganges” project in India.
- France based leather chemical maker, ATC outlines its pickle-free chrome tanning system.
- An overview of the work carried out by UNIDO relating to its work to improve the environmental conditions around the Kanpur leather cluster adjacent to the river Ganges.
- USHSLA and ICHSLTA President, Stephen Sothmann advises brands and retailers to work closely with the meat and leather industries on the issue of animal welfare.
- Guest opinion by leading Russian tanner, Philipp Azarchenkov of Volga Tannery.
Fully optimised multi-platform ILM website
International Leather Maker (ILM) remains at the forefront of new technology and is the most advanced multi-platform business media brand covering the global leather supply chain. That’s why most of our news appears online and on social media.
Our website has been designed to work seamlessly across desktop, smartphone and tablet applications with user friendly access to premium industry content and commentary. It is also the now the most updated global media resource on the web covering the tanning industry with over 25 new stories added each week.
This website features enhanced video content functionality as well as a more visual approach to news related images and picture carousels. As well as the new website, ILM has also updated its App which can be downloaded for free for apple and android devices for subscribers to access content online and offline.
The investment multi-platform media underlines ILM’s commitment to remaining at the forefront of creative and innovative content delivery to ensure that it remains as the leading leather industry news, technical and business information service. Look at www.internationalleathermaker.com on your smartphone or tablet today and see the difference. ILM is the only one that is truly optimised.
To find out more or subscribe to ILM click here or email Emma Bonell at firstname.lastname@example.org