The categories were: best small car interior, best family car interior, best small SUV interior, best family SUV interior, best large electric car interior, best estate car interior and best large SUV interior.
All of the winning vehicles featured leather upholstered interiors, with the majority offering this as standard while a few included a non-leather interior as standard and offered leather upholstery as a premium upgrade.
This comes despite news throughout 2021 covering brands repeatedly distancing themselves from the use of leather in favour of plans to switch to synthetic materials utilising fossil fuel-based substances.
The winners for the interior categories were as follows:
- Best small car interior – Mini 3dr 1.5 Cooper Exclusive Comfort/Nav
- Best family car interior – BMW 1 Series 118i M Sport auto *
- Best small SUV interior – Audi Q2 35 TFSI S line
- Best family SUV interior – Range Rover Evoque P300e R-Dynamic HSE
- Best large electric car interior – BMW i4 eDrive40 M Sport (Pro Package) *
- Best estate car interior – BMW 5 Series Touring 520d SE
- Best large SUV interior – Audi Q5 40 TDI Edition 1.
* These cars featured a non-leather interior with leather offered as a premium upgrade.